Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at KingFood, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect and how we use it.
(“KingFood”, “we”, “us” or “our”). KingFood is incorporated in countries with details below.
KingFood is incorporated in Ireland with company name IndaSoft Limited, company registration number 463946 and a registered address at Room 2.6, Carlisle Business Centre,51 Bracken Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland.
KingFood is incorporated in UK with company name Motion Media Technology Ltd, company registration number 11690394 and a registered address at 37 Matham Road, East Molesey, Surrey, KT8 0SX, UK.
Personal data generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and processing generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage, and disclosure.
KingFood will be the controller of your personal data processed in connection with our services. KingFood and the restaurants who operate on the KingFood Platform (“Restaurant” or “Restaurants”) are joint controllers in respect of any personal data that is processed for placing and completing orders made with a Restaurant via the KingFood Platform. If you are a customer of a Restaurant and have queries how your personal data is processed by the Restaurant, please contact the Restaurant.
We may update this Policy from time to time to reflect changing practices.
In providing our services, we may collect and process the following information:
We receive personal data directly from you when you provide it to us through use of the Website, or place an
order for food with a Restaurant through the KingFood Platform including, but not limited to:
- email address;
- delivery address;
- telephone number; and
- payment details.
You may also include details in your food order in relation to your health information or religious beliefs.
This list is not exhaustive, and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Personal Data Collected from Third Party Sources
A Restaurant may provide us with personal data about you in order for us to fulfil food orders placed with the Restaurant through the KingFood Platform.
Personal Data Collected We Automatically Collect
Some personal data is automatically collected when you use the Website, such as:
- IP address;
- device identifiers;
- browser information; and
We process personal data to manage, improve, understand and personalise our services, including to;
- place and complete food orders made with a Restaurant through the KingFood Platform;
- personalise KingFood content based on your preferences;
- with your agreement, contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal, or harmful actions;
- respond to user inquiries;
- provide customer support;
- comply with our legal or contractual obligations;
- enforce our terms and conditions; and
- resolve disputes.
Such processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and a Restaurant, where necessary for the purpose of complying with our legal obligations and where you have consented to providing certain information in relation to your food order preferences at the time of purchase.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of KingFood, including: – Such processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and a Restaurant, where necessary for the purpose of complying with our legal obligations and where you have consented to providing certain information in relation to your food order preferences at the time of purchase.
– selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
– protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health, and welfare;
– sending promotional communications about our products and services which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
– understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
– improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
– fulfilling our legal and regulatory obligations;
– preventing, investigating, and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
– managing customer contacts, queries, complaints, or disputes;
– effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against KingFood; and
– fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, and stakeholders.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing data in relation to sending direct electronic marketing communications to customers.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing customer data, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
We do not share any personally identifying data with third parties and will not disclose your personal data to any other party except as set out in this Policy.
KingFood may engage other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf (i.e., processors) and may need to share your information with them to provide you with our services.
We may share your data:
– with authorising agencies where necessary for card payments;
– with governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals, and insurers where we are required to do so;
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
In some cases, KingFood may buy or sell its assets which may involve the transfer of user information. KingFood will transfer such information if we are acquired by or merged with another company. In this event, we will notify you by email.
Personal Data Obtained by Restaurants
As part of the food ordering process, a Restaurant may obtain from KingFood a user’s name, email, phone number, delivery address or other information. This information should only be used for KingFood-related communications or for KingFood-facilitated transactions.
Where users consent to direct marketing, the user’s consent is provided directly to the Restaurant. KingFood, acting as a processor, may assist Restaurants in managing users’ consent preferences. KingFood also acts as processor when it assists Restaurants with managing their analytics.
KingFood uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you electronic mail to update you on the latest KingFood offers.
KingFood aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by contacting us using the contact detail at the end of the Policy or follow the opt out link process.
KingFood is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
– encryption of data;
– security controls which protect the entire KingFood IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
– internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
KingFood will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an
email claiming to be from KingFood asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
Third Party Links
Data Protection Laws provide certain rights in favour of data subjects (the “Data Subject Rights”).
Data Subject Rights include the right of a data subject to:
- access personal data;
- rectify or erase personal data (i.e., right to be forgotten);
- restrict processing;
- data portability;
- object to processing; and
- object to automated decision making (including profiling).
These Data Subject Rights will be exercisable by you subject to limitations as provided for under Data Protection Laws.
In relation to the processing of your personal data by KingFood, you may contact us or make a request to exercise any Data Subject Right by contacting [email protected]. Your request will be dealt with in accordance with Data Protection Laws.
While you may make a complaint regarding KingFood’s compliance with Data Protection Laws to the Data Protection Commission, we ask that you contact us in the first instance to give us the opportunity to address your concerns.
This Policy was last updated in Dec 2022.